We all know that in today’s world branding is important. Professionals – especially salespeople, invest a lot of time and useful resources in constructing brands. We have trained at it – and we’re good at it. But how often do we apply the same logic to create our own personal brand? The answer would be a big no for a majority of people.
Your LinkedIn profile is probably the single most significant, professional tool you can use to create your own brand. In other words, LinkedIn Profile is like a CV in digital format. Hence. to create opportunities and connections, in a competitive job market, make your LinkedIn profile visible effectively.
Here are a few key tips
- Use a formal and impressive profile picture.Select an attractive “Headline” for the profile. It might be your current job designation.
- Include additional Learning expertise and qualifications.
- Mentioning the industry sector precisely, this will help to promote your LinkedIn profile and connect to the right people.
- Link skills to experience to generate interest in your profile
- Unmask your profile by joining a professional group on LinkedIn.
- Summarise your profile in such a way that recruiters can easily spot you. A summary is one of the important aspects of search engine optimization of your profile.
- Do complete all the necessary steps thoroughly. That could help to boost your profile significantly.
Keep in mind
- Set your profile to be public.
- Let it be unique for yourself by customizing your URL setting.
- Just don’t keep adding people randomly. Focus on growing your network.
- Comment on interesting articles, this will raise your profile with others.