Taplow partners understand that companies want the best-qualified and most experienced candidates, while at the same time some companies may view diversity recruitment as not achieving these basic requirements.
We disagree, and this has been proved repeatedly by the world’s leading organizations. In today’s competitive economy employers must seek talent from the broadest possible universe to attract the highest level of skills available without the artificial constraints of gender, race, ethnicity, or age.
In addition, studies show that the diverse organization attracts the broadest range of customers. Enlightened clients who have diversity programs develop into holistic entities, those that see opportunities in issues. Diversity positively impacts a company’s ability to move forward.
Diversity covers a multitude of areas but in particularly:
· Differently -abled.
Many countries have employment legislation that precludes disqualifying someone for recruitment or promotion on a variety of issues, and further many global companies and public bodies want to see suppliers having and implementing diversity policies. Some aspects of a diversity policy include:
· Recruit the best – without considering race, gender, or age;
· Train and develop;
· Ensure compliance with local or regional regulations and laws;
· Acquire and develop Intellectual capital, have a holistic approach to the market;
· Understand geographic recruitment issues and challenge them;
· Recognize that how clients and suppliers are approached can affect your standing in the markets.
To learn more about our Diversity practice, contact your local Taplow partner by choosing the relevant country and then our partner firms in the “Our offices worldwide” section of our website.